* Images shown are of mature plants
Salsa Satisfaction at Your Fingertips - Just Add Tomatoes!
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of chips and salsa? It's the perfect appetizer or snack, and now, it's easy to make at home with our Salsa Kit. Skip the restaurants and grocery stores, and whip up your own fresh batch to satisfy that salsa craving - just add tomatoes.
This kit comes with two delicious fruits that will add a tropical twist to your favorite salsa recipe:
- One 1-2 foot Glenn Mango Tree
- One 1-gallon Sugarloaf Pineapple Plant
Glenn Mangoes can easily be grown anywhere in the country with little fuss. They tolerate temperature drops down to 30 degrees and can be planted indoors or out. They grow quickly to a manageable size, so you’ll be able to enjoy the sweet taste and delectable fragrance of its fruit as soon as possible! The fruit of the Glenn Mango Tree has a firm texture that's not as fibrous as most mango varieties, making it ideal for desserts, salads, or homemade tropical salsa!
Escape to an island getaway in your own backyard with the sweet, exotic flavor of our Sugarloaf Pineapple Plant. Plant it in the ground or adorn your patio with an island-inspired planter. The Sugarloaf Pineapple can even be grown indoors in front of a sunny window, so you can access island-inspired flavor no matter where you live!
Grab your Salsa Kit today to make fresh and flavorful mango and pineapple salsas right from home! Just add tomatoes and your favorite spices, and let these tropical superstars steal the show.
Create homemade salsa in no time using the fresh fruits in your Salsa Kit! Slice up your ripe mango and pineapple into small cubes. Then, add in any additional elements like chopped tomatoes and onions, lime juice, and any desired spices like garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix it all up, serve with tortilla chips or tacos, and dig in!
Salsa Kit Pollination
Both the Glenn Mango and the Sugarloaf Pineapple are self-fertile - you will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding additional plants will drastically increase your yield.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Both the Glenn Mango and Sugarloaf Pineapple can be planted outdoors or in containers. They thrive in full sun and warm, humid climates, but can withstand occasional cold snaps.
2. Watering: Water both plants regularly, checking the topsoil for dryness.
3. Fertilizer: The Glenn Mango thrives best with natural, organic fertilizer with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria. Potted mangoes will benefit from a balanced fertilizer formula such as a 10-10-10 while actively growing. Sugarloaf Pineapples are excellent at taking up nutrition for their leaves, so they need very little fertilizer if any.
4. Pruning: Pruning the branches of the Glenn Mango tree right after the harvest will give you more mangoes by encouraging the growth of more lateral branches. Sugarloaf Pineapple Plants generally do not need to be pruned.
5. Pollination: Both the Glenn Mango and Sugarloaf Pineapple plants are self-fertile and self-pollinating, so they will produce fruit on their own.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Botanical Name:||Mangifera indica 'Glenn'; Ananas comosus 'Florida Special'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|