* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Cassia is King
Here's why you need the Cassia Tree:
- Beautiful tree with tons of bright yellow flowers
- Makes an excellent center piece for a circular driveway
- Wonderful yard specimen as a large shade tree
- Blooms in both spring and fall
Give your Landscape a Shower of Golden Flowers
If you have a location you've been saving for a truly special tree, this is it. Introducing the Cassia Tree, also known as the Scrambled Egg Tree. Like a gorgeous yellow bouquet perched atop a long, slender trunk, the Cassia is so visually attractive, butterflies will be drawn to it in droves. The Cassia's deep, green leaves are overtaken by clusters of dandelion-yellow blooms. The colors merge and create a perfect blend, almost resembling a large, living pom-pom right in your garden or landscape.
The Cassia's abundance of bright, yellow flowers will captivate admirers not once, but twice during the spring and fall seasons. It's a show you and your neighbors will look forward to every year.
Small space or Center of Attraction, the Choice is yours with the Cassia Tree
Tolerant to salt and fast growing, the Cassia's versatility makes it a wonderful center piece, specimen or accent tree, so you can plant it practically anywhere in the garden or landscape.
What other tree can you think of that produces so many radiant blooms you have to search to see the leaves? Your quest for perfection has ended. Fill that spot you've been saving with a Cassia Tree today.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Cassia can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft|
|Mature Width:||10-12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Senna polyphylla|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cassia tree
Scrambled Egg Casia
Surpringly well-leafed and good size trunk...Beautiful...The best looking tree I've ever gotten thru mail order!!!
Arrived in Excellent condition
I have purchased several Cassia trees and plants from this company and everything has arrived in excellent condition and once planted started to grow immediately. I will continue to use them for all of my purchases.
Tree arrived in tip top shape, very happy with it. Andrew
Purchased three Cassia trees to line the driveway. Arrived in beautiful condition and healthy. Planted within a day and staked them. They are doing great in very average sandy soil. I’m very pleased with my purchase