* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Low-Maintenance Indoor/Outdoor Ficus
Why Braided Benjamina Ficus Trees?
It’s one of the most popular house plants for décor – the Benjamina Ficus Tree, also known as the Weeping Fig, looks amazing. Its glossy, deep green leaves, which are dense and can be shaped into various forms, make it versatile too. Simply shear or sculpt Benjamina to your desired shape.
Even better? Its good looks are easy to achieve. We meticulously braid the trunk so it's already stunning when it arrives to your door. And its gray bark is an attractive feature against its bright green foliage.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, it's a resilient plant that thrives through neglect. But the best part is that it has a strong root system before you even plant in your container at home, so it’s ready to grow. We’ve done the extra work to plant, monitor and nurture your Benjamina for the best results.
Your Braided Benjamina Ficus will arrive ready to add instant beauty to your yard, patio, or interior. Order your own Benjamina now for bold color and effortless care!
Looking for more house plants to add to your collection? Check out our guide to popular types of house plants.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with bright or filtered sun exposure, but try to avoid direct sun or cooler areas. When you're ready to plant, remove the tree from its pot and dunk the entire root system in a bucket of water. Submerge the tree’s roots and make sure there are no air pockets that may have gotten into the root ball. Shake the tree a little, twist it back and forth in a clockwise/counterclockwise motion while it is submerged to ensure ALL air bubbles have come out of the root area. Now proceed with the planting/potting, making sure to tamp down the soil as you back fill to ensure no other air pockets form.
Also, ensure you've selected a pot sized one two times times larger than the pot the tree came in, and be sure it has adequate drainage holes on the bottom. Again, place the tree in an area that will receive 4 to 5 hours of sun each day and will not drop below 60 degrees.
2. Watering: Water your tree once a week and twice during the hot summer months. Let the soil dry in between waterings during the winter while the tree is not actively growing. Potted trees will only need to be watered 1 to 2 times weekly, with some additional humidity. For extra humidity, spray the leaves.
If you're not sure when to water, check the top of the soil for moisture - if there is any, leave the tree be.
3. Pruning: Shape and growth are the primary reasons for pruning your Benjamina. Cutters that are designed for close/fine trimming of narrow stems are best. Sterilize your tool(s) with rubbing alcohol to ensure nice, clean cuts.
Find a node where the leaf (or twig) joins the branch and cut at a downward angle just before a node. Make your cut close to the node but without actually cutting into it. Leave one node for newer growth to come out on the branch. When removing an entire branch, cut it back to the trunk and be sure not to leave any nodes.
4. Fertilizing: Ficus Trees are rapid growers and need lots of nutrients. Be sure to feed your potted tree once a month in the spring and summer. Drop down to feeding them once every two months in the fall and winter seasons. A water soluble 10-10-10 formula works well and can be used for either potted or outside trees.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft. Potted|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ficus benjamina|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Braided Benjamina Ficus Tree - Great buy
Great experience. Tree came in great shape and is flourishing since I repotted. Thanks
Cute House or Patio Tree
Love the braided ficus tree. It is on the smaller side, but it arrived healthy. It’s adorable.
Fast and easy delivery. Great size and very healthy.
Just what we needed!
The plant arrived fairly fast and was packaged very well. Once up boxed 90% of the leaves look very green and healthy. We have about 10% of the plant with breakage which caused the leaves to dry and curl prior to unboxing. Once these are all trimmed off the tree is missing a bit of its fullness, but we are still super happy. It definitely loves water. We have it in our living room where it receives indirect sun light and is doing very well.